Monday, September 16, 2013

Lenovo C540 23-Inch Great product!


This is a great computer made stupendous by the very low price. I did buy the Lenovo wireless keyboard and mouse which also work perfectly, as well as an Epson wi-fi printer. The computer absolutely has SIX USB ports, 2 on the side and 4 on the back. I only use 1 for a portable hard drive and one for a USB extension. With the extension attached under my desk I can hide all the wires for my camera, iPhone, iPod, etc. Now I have only the power cord and that cord for the USB extension coming from the back of my computer. That just thrills the crap out of me. Windows 8 takes some getting used to. One can set things up so that it works essentially the same as XP but there are some things that I'm starting to like about 8. I switch between a regular desktop view and the Windows 8 screen and that doesn't bother me.

I struggled to get the back off so that I could increase the memory and gave up for awhile. I called support about it and the guy was a complete and utter idiot. They "don't provide support for tear-down service." The point was that I did not want to tear the thing up trying to get the cover off. I finally decided to go ahead and manhandle the darned thing. There are about a dozen tabs on the plastic "foot cover" which hold it very firmly in place. I ended up twisting a screwdriver between the upper cover and the lower one to pry the cover down. This is exactly what I did not want to have to do. I only marred the plastic very slightly and broke just 1 of the tabs. The other 11 or so will have to manage to keep the back on. As an aside, I did add a Kingston 4GB memory module to bring the total up to 8 and so far it works perfectly.


This Computer was just what I wanted. It is easy to use, takes up less space, and is lightweight.
I couldn't be happier with my purchase.


After a bit of reading and trying I finally got my system up and running. I am 61 and not a computer expert by any means but now all is working and I love my new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment